Croatian Foreign and European Affairs Minister Marija Pejčinović Burić has been short-listed for the position of Secretary General of the Council of Europe.
The Committee of Ministers, on Wednesday, decided to submit to the Parliamentary Assembly, the names of two finalists for appointment to the post of Secretary General of the Council of Europe, with effect from October 1st 2019.
The other shortlisted candidate in the final round of the selection process is Belgium's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Didier Reynders.
The Parliamentary Assembly will be tasked with electing the next Secretary General during its session in late June of this year.
- Marija Pejčinović Burić assuming duties as Council of Europe Secretary General
- Central square in Ogulin named after General Petar Stipetić
- Government accepts demands by “67 is too much” initiative
- Unions demand parliament debate on pension reforms
- HBOR and commercial banks agree to new loan deal for farmers
- Production begins at 3rd of May shipyard in Rijeka