Croatian Foreign and European Affairs Minister Marija Pejčinović Burić has been short-listed for the position of Secretary General of the Council of Europe.
The Committee of Ministers, on Wednesday, decided to submit to the Parliamentary Assembly, the names of two finalists for appointment to the post of Secretary General of the Council of Europe, with effect from October 1st 2019.
The other shortlisted candidate in the final round of the selection process is Belgium's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Didier Reynders.
The Parliamentary Assembly will be tasked with electing the next Secretary General during its session in late June of this year.
- President sharply refutes reinterpretation of her statements on migrants
- Chinese police assisting Croatian colleagues
- Croatia secures quarterfinals at World Water Polo Championships
- Vukovar mayor opposes court’s decision on Serbian Cyrillic
- President to meet on Thursday with Vukovar Mayor Ivan Penava
- Croatia opens Water Polo World Championships with 14:4 win over Australia