The list of banks participating in government's subsidized housing loan program has been published. Applications for the loan program can be submitted as of September.
Like last year, 12 banks will be participating in the program, however, the interest rates will be even lower than in 2018. The Croatian Postal Bank is offering the lowest interest rate at 2.19%. Some of the terms of the program have also been changes since last year so as to encompass an even larger swath of the population.
"Once again we have adjusted those things that are important to our citizens, meaning that we have introduced subsidies for existing children, because we realized that a significant number of people would qualify for additional subsidies if existing children are included. To do this we had to change the definition to increase the number of those who could qualify for subsidies, so it is no longer a family but rather a household," said the State Secretary at the Construction and Spatial Planning Ministry Željko Uhlir.
The program applies to all those under the age of 45. One of the main goals of the program is to curb Croatia’s negative demographic trend.
- State election commission announces list of presidential candidates
- Vukovar gets street name in Bratislava
- Final day for submission of candidacies for presidential elections
- Opposition to file no-confidence motion against Minister Divjak
- Households contribute to massive food waste in Croatia
- Croatian students do poorly on PISA tests