Croatia’s top ranked female player is looking to build on her career best ranking achieved on Monday by recapturing the tournament she won in 2017.
Donna Vekić secured a place in the final after beating Germany’s Tatjana Marija 5:7, 6:0, 6:0 on Saturday. She will play the winner of the match between France’s Caroline Garcija and American Jennifer Brady in Sunday’s final.
This will be Vekić’s 8th career WTA final, having won two tournaments, the first in Kuala Lumpur in 2014, followed by Nottingham three years later.
The 22 year-old Croatian is currently ranked at a career high 22nd on the WTA list.
- President sharply refutes reinterpretation of her statements on migrants
- Chinese police assisting Croatian colleagues
- Croatia secures quarterfinals at World Water Polo Championships
- Vukovar mayor opposes court’s decision on Serbian Cyrillic
- President to meet on Thursday with Vukovar Mayor Ivan Penava
- Croatia opens Water Polo World Championships with 14:4 win over Australia