Croatia’s top ranked female player is looking to build on her career best ranking achieved on Monday by recapturing the tournament she won in 2017.
Donna Vekić secured a place in the final after beating Germany’s Tatjana Marija 5:7, 6:0, 6:0 on Saturday. She will play the winner of the match between France’s Caroline Garcija and American Jennifer Brady in Sunday’s final.
This will be Vekić’s 8th career WTA final, having won two tournaments, the first in Kuala Lumpur in 2014, followed by Nottingham three years later.
The 22 year-old Croatian is currently ranked at a career high 22nd on the WTA list.
- Vukovar gets street name in Bratislava
- Advocate General says border arbitration does not fall under EU law
- Opposition to file no-confidence motion against Minister Divjak
- Households contribute to massive food waste in Croatia
- 20th anniversary of the death of Franjo Tudjman marked in Split
- Government cabinet session held in Krapina