Martin and Valent Sinković have been nominated for the best men's team of the year by the world rowing federation.
“I hope that we will be chosen for the second time in our careers, that is a great honor,” said Martin Sinković upon hearing the news.
“This is truly recognition of the work we have been doing for around 10 years. We have already been nominated a few times. This is the most prestigious award in rowing. So this will be an additional incentive to train harder for Tokyo and to try to win the gold medal in the double sculls event,” said Valent Sinković.
The current double sculls world champions were declared the best men's team in 2016. This year's awards will be announced on November 22nd in London.
- PM on working visit to Germany
- Croatia marks anniversary of international recognition
- Interior minister refutes report by Human Rights Watch
- Green Week Berlin expected to boost Croatian exports
- Croatia first to introduce early screening for lung cancer
- PM on vigilante slayings in Split: We will not allow Croatia to pass into anarchy