Rijeka has won the Croatian Football Cup after beating Dinamo Zagreb 3:1 in the final on Wednesday evening.
Antonio Čolak opened the scoring for Rijeka in the 13th minute. Tibor Halilović raised Rijeka’s lead going into half time to 2:0 with a goal in the 40th minute. Dinamo got off to a good start in the second half with Mislav Oršić scoring in the 63rd minute of play. Dinamo was poised to tie the score in the 73rd minute when they were awarded a penalty, however Spanish winger Dani Olmo failed to convert as Rijeka goalie Simon Sluga make a spectacular save. Zoran Kvržić sealed the match for Rijeka in the 84th minute of play for a final score of 3:1.
This is Rijeka’s 5th Croatian Football Cup title, having won the trophy in the 2004/2005, 2005/2006, 2013/2014 and 2016/2017 seasons. Dinamo Zagreb had already secured the league title, its 20th since Croatian independence.
- Catholic believers celebrate Corpus Christi, a national holiday
- PM comments on adopting the euro at EU summit meeting
- Prime minister and president tipped as candidates for top EU positions
- Miroslav Škoro announces presidential run
- European Commission releases study assessing differences in EU food products
- Croatians celebrate Statehood Day