Prime Minister Andrej Plenković exchanged football jerseys with UK Prime Minister Theresa May on Tuesday ahead of Croatia’s World Cup semi-final against England on Wednesday in Moscow.
Prime Minister Theresa May hosted a summit of the Western Balkans and the EU on Monday and Tuesday, pledging that following Brexit, the UK would be just as committed to supporting the Western Balkans. Prime Minister Andrej Plenković said Croatia would focus on the region during its 2020 EU Presidency. The two leaders chatted at a reception and exchanged national team jerseys. Plenković presented the PM with a personalized jersey, the name May printed on the back.
Croatia fans are getting ready for the big match, which is expected to bring the country a standstill. Croatia has not come this far in the World Cup since the golden generation of 1998. Zlatko Dalić’s team now has a chance to make history. England fans are just as revved up. Their team has been waiting 52 years to reach the final again. Kickoff is at 8 p.m. CET.
- Burić attends Foreign Affairs Council meeting in Brussels
- Western Balkans Summit underway in London
- Croatian President: NATO summit ended in success despite tensions
- Mattis vows to assist Croatia in modernizing its army
- President Grabar-Kitarović hands out Croatia jerseys at NATO summit
- Honey on the island of Hvar