Prime Minister Andrej Plenković exchanged football jerseys with UK Prime Minister Theresa May on Tuesday ahead of Croatia’s World Cup semi-final against England on Wednesday in Moscow.
Prime Minister Theresa May hosted a summit of the Western Balkans and the EU on Monday and Tuesday, pledging that following Brexit, the UK would be just as committed to supporting the Western Balkans. Prime Minister Andrej Plenković said Croatia would focus on the region during its 2020 EU Presidency. The two leaders chatted at a reception and exchanged national team jerseys. Plenković presented the PM with a personalized jersey, the name May printed on the back.
Croatia fans are getting ready for the big match, which is expected to bring the country a standstill. Croatia has not come this far in the World Cup since the golden generation of 1998. Zlatko Dalić’s team now has a chance to make history. England fans are just as revved up. Their team has been waiting 52 years to reach the final again. Kickoff is at 8 p.m. CET.
- G2 meeting in Zagreb
- Plenković: Croatia can police its own border without Frontex
- Officials fail to convince veterans to call off their protest
- Hrast MP criticizes Serb minority MP for failing to distance himself from harmful rhetoric from Serbian leaders
- Foreign Ministry dismisses allegations by Most MP
- Kliker: Experts at the click of a button