Luka Modrić has become Croatia's most-capped player of all time after making his 135th appearance for the national team.
Modrić broke the record previously held by Darijo Srna. The Real Madrid midfielder started against Cyprus in Rijeka on Saturday for a 2022 World Cup qualifier. Modrić made his debut for the national team in 2006. He has since become one of Croatia's greatest players of all time. He has been national team captain since Srna retired from international football in 2016 and has scored 16 goals for Croatia.
- 717,000 people in Croatia vaccinated against coronavirus
- Third wave of coronavirus epidemic waning
- Minister Medved says family homes to be rebuilt in Banovina by fall
- 37,515 buildings inspected in earthquake hit Sisak-Moslavina County
- Tesla statue returns to Gospić
- Health minister administers vaccine doses in Zagreb