Croatia's Petra Martić proved to be a tricky opponent against Karolina Pliškova in the final of the Zhengzhou Open in China on Sunday.
Karolina Pliskova, the no. 1 seed, overcame an early deficit to capture the title. The Czech was unphazed by bad weather and a formidable opponent, as she powered past Petra Martic for a final of 6:3, 6:2 in 1 hour and 36 miutes. The final had been delayed by nearly six hours after heavy rain all day, and there were two additional breaks in play during the match.
- Heated debate on Cyrillic script in Vukovar City Council
- 28th anniversary of death of Blago Zadro marked in Vukovar
- Protests held in support of victims of sexual violence
- Slovenian MEPs oppose Croatia's Schengen area bid
- Best Biograd Boat Show yet
- Croatia expecting Schengen Area green light on Tuesday