Croatia's Petra Martić proved to be a tricky opponent against Karolina Pliškova in the final of the Zhengzhou Open in China on Sunday.
Karolina Pliskova, the no. 1 seed, overcame an early deficit to capture the title. The Czech was unphazed by bad weather and a formidable opponent, as she powered past Petra Martic for a final of 6:3, 6:2 in 1 hour and 36 miutes. The final had been delayed by nearly six hours after heavy rain all day, and there were two additional breaks in play during the match.
- Chief State Prosecutor Dražen Jelenić resigns
- Zoran Milanović becomes Croatia’s fifth president
- Parliament debates law on Vukovar as a special place of homeland piety
- Chief State Attorney Jelenić expected to resign over Freemason issue
- Defence Ministry signs 38 procurement contracts with Croatian companies
- Parliament’s Defence Committee approves Robert Hranj as new Chief of General Staff