Croatia’s Petra Martić secured her fourth career final at the Zhengzhou Open in China on Saturday.
Martić defeated Kristina Mladenović of France for a final score of 6-0, 6-3, in one hour and eight minutes of play. The first set lasted only 22 minutes, as Martić broke the French player’s serve three times. Mlađenović fought harder in the second set, but the match was tied until Martić broke her serve to take a 5:3 lead. After that, Martić shored-up the match quickly.
Martić will play world number two, Karolina Pliškova, of the Czech Republic on Sunday. The two have faced each other six times in the past and Martić took the win four times, most recently shocked Pliskova in the third round of the French Open.
- Croatia opens borders to 10 EU countries
- Krunoslav Jakupčić and Josipa Rimac arrested in corruption affair
- No new coronavirus cases, disease takes another life
- No new coronavirus cases, ban on gatherings of more than 40 people lifted
- Zero coronavirus cases for second consecutive day; Shops to reopen on Sundays
- New railway connection between Prague and Adriatic planned