Croatia’s Petra Martić secured her fourth career final at the Zhengzhou Open in China on Saturday.
Martić defeated Kristina Mladenović of France for a final score of 6-0, 6-3, in one hour and eight minutes of play. The first set lasted only 22 minutes, as Martić broke the French player’s serve three times. Mlađenović fought harder in the second set, but the match was tied until Martić broke her serve to take a 5:3 lead. After that, Martić shored-up the match quickly.
Martić will play world number two, Karolina Pliškova, of the Czech Republic on Sunday. The two have faced each other six times in the past and Martić took the win four times, most recently shocked Pliskova in the third round of the French Open.
- Minister demands investigation into party at Dubrava Covid hospital
- Croatia registers surprise loss to Argentina at handball World Championships
- 599 new coronavirus cases in Croatia in last 24 hours
- European Parliament adopts resolution on assistance for Croatia following earthquake
- 11 year old with coronavirus passes away
- Temporary housing still priority in earthquake hit Banovina