Croatia’s Petra Martić secured her fourth career final at the Zhengzhou Open in China on Saturday.
Martić defeated Kristina Mladenović of France for a final score of 6-0, 6-3, in one hour and eight minutes of play. The first set lasted only 22 minutes, as Martić broke the French player’s serve three times. Mlađenović fought harder in the second set, but the match was tied until Martić broke her serve to take a 5:3 lead. After that, Martić shored-up the match quickly.
Martić will play world number two, Karolina Pliškova, of the Czech Republic on Sunday. The two have faced each other six times in the past and Martić took the win four times, most recently shocked Pliskova in the third round of the French Open.
- Visas for Croatian citizens travelling to the USA could be discontinued in 2020
- Heated debate on Cyrillic script in Vukovar City Council
- Sinković brothers nominated for best men’s rowing team of 2019
- 28th anniversary of death of Blago Zadro marked in Vukovar
- Croatian and Egyptian ministers condemn Turkish attacks on Syria
- Teachers' strike continues for a fourth day