Croatia’s top ranked female tennis player lost her third round match in three sets after 2 hours and 23 minutes of play. She was Croatia’s last competitor in the singles draws.
Petra Martić lost to Germany’s Laura Siegemund 6:7 (5), 6:3, 6:0 on Saturday afternoon. Martić took the first set following a marathon one hour and 13 minutes of play. However, as the match progressed Martić’s play slumped while Siegemund only got stronger.
Meanwhile, in the men’s doubles draw, Croatia’s Franko Škugor and his American partner Austin Krajicek lost their second round match against Spaniard Feliciano Lopez and Pablo Cuevas of Uruguay, 7:5, 6:4, on Saturday.
- Tougher Covid restrictions take effect nation-wide at midnight
- Prime Minister: New measures will last until before Christmas
- Prime Minister announces new measures to fight coronavirus
- European Commission VP marks 25th anniversary of Dayton Accord
- Lawmakers debate whether the Covid vaccine should be mandatory
- Kohorst: The United States would like Croatia to opt for its F-16 aircraft