Croatia’s top ranked female tennis player beat Sweden’s Peterson in three sets to advance to the round of sixteen.
Croatian tennis player Petra Martić (WTA 22) is through to the round of sixteen in Wuhan China, after a 6:0, 3:6, 6:1 win over Sweden's Rebecca Peterson in a match that latest one hour and 52 minutes.
After breezing to an easy win in the first set Martić ran into trouble in the middle of the second set. With the set tied at three games apiece, Martić failed to capitalize on two break-balls. She followed this by losing her serve to the Swede giving Peterson a 5:3 lead in the set and the serve to even the score, which the Swede did. Martić re-established her dominance in the third set, winning the last five games in succession.
Martić will play Russian Veronika Kudmertova next for a place in the quarterfinals.
- Penava: Serbia does not accept responsibility for Ovčara
- Plenković: Introduce Euro by end of next government’s mandate
- Government adopts decision to hold presidential elections on December 22nd
- Adriatic coast lashed with 145 km/h winds
- Foreign Minister on an official visit to the Vatican
- Finance Minister says Croatia's key challenge is reducing its dependency on imports