Jug, the water polo giants from Dubrovnik, won their third consecutive league title on Saturday night with a 15:8 win over Zagreb's Mladost.
There seemed to be little doubt of the end result as after two quarters Jug led 8:3. Leading the way for Jug were Loren Fatović and Vincenzo Renzuto with 4 goals each. Pavo Marković and Andrija Bašić were the top scorers for Mladost with 3 and 2 goals respectively.
"We showed throughout this tournament that we were the best team of the regional Water Polo league, and I'm glad we did so in this fashion. Now we are going to turn our attention to the Champions League. But this was truly a good season for us as far as the regional league is concerned," said Jug's coach Vjekoslav Kobeščak.
Jug once again showed their dominance as they won all 20 of their games this season and claimed yet another league title. Dubrovnik has also reached the finals in all ten seasons to date. This was their fourth overall title and 61st trophy.
- Kliker: Experts at the click of a button
- Hrast MP criticizes Serb minority MP for failing to distance himself from harmful rhetoric from Serbian leaders
- Officials fail to convince veterans to call off their protest
- Plenković: Croatia can police its own border without Frontex
- Foreign Ministry dismisses allegations by Most MP
- G2 meeting in Zagreb