The Croatian Football Association’s (HNS) working committee for the return of competition has made a decision to test all first division clubs. The model for testing football players before the continuation of the season was designed by the team of Professor Dragan Primorac, the President of the HNS Health Commission. A total of two nasopharyngeal swabs and a blood sample will be taken once.
“It actually covers three key points. The first is to take a swab from the nasopharynx on day zero. After the fifth day, we take the second swab and in parallel with the fifth day we do serological tests,” said Professor Dragan Primorac.
About 35 people per club must be tested, in addition to the players, the professional staff, the chief doctor and the physiotherapist are also included. The model is also recognized by the umbrella organizations of European and world football.
“This morning I had conversations with FIFA leaders who chose this model of ours for presentation as a standard model when testing all FIFA members,” said Primorac.
Dinamo showed what the whole procedure looks like by filming its medical service taking swabs of players and members of the first team staff.
The results of all tests should be ready before the first preparatory matches.
- Croatia reports record number of new Covid-19 infections
- Croatia makes face masks mandatory in stores
- Beroš: Croatia still among EU leaders in containing COVID-19
- Croatia hits new record in coronavirus cases
- 53 new coronavirus cases in Croatia
- Croatia expected to get invite for Eurozone waiting room on Friday