Dinamo Zagreb took a big step towards the semifinals of the Europe League after registering a 1:nil home win over Benfica on Thursday night.
Playing in front of a sold-out Maksimir Stadium in Zagreb, coach Nenad Bjelica’s team edged the Portuguese side in the first game of the round of sixteen of the Europa League competition.
Dinamo forward Bruno Petković scored the lone goal on a penalty shot in the 38th minute of play.
The return leg will be played in Lisbon next Thursday.
- Croatian diplomat recalled to explain racist remarks
- Croatia celebrates Feast of the Assumption
- Croatian police praised for Frontex training to strengthen EU borders
- Italian family poisoned by carbon monoxide?
- Medical Association: Disable false prophets from spreading lies about vaccination
- Prime Minister speaks about investments and demographics on Hvar