Dinamo Zagreb took a big step towards the semifinals of the Europe League after registering a 1:nil home win over Benfica on Thursday night.
Playing in front of a sold-out Maksimir Stadium in Zagreb, coach Nenad Bjelica’s team edged the Portuguese side in the first game of the round of sixteen of the Europa League competition.
Dinamo forward Bruno Petković scored the lone goal on a penalty shot in the 38th minute of play.
The return leg will be played in Lisbon next Thursday.
- Extradition to be requested for Zdravko Mamić
- Croatia working closer with the EU Civil Protection Mechanism
- Talks underway with USA and Sweden on acquisition of combat aircraft
- Rijeka wins Croatian Football Cup!
- President says EU lacks a clear strategy in terms of economic growth
- First phase of Zagreb Deep Sea completed