After five rounds of competition of the UEFA Europa League, 16 clubs have already secured their place in the knockout phase; while the remaining 16 will be in two weeks after the final round of games in the group stage.
With one game left in group play, Dinamo Zagreb has already secured the top spot in Group D after Thursday's 0:0 tie against Fenerbahce in Istanbul. By winning the group, Dinamo's die-hard fans will be treated to top-notch European football competition next spring for the first time since 1970.
"We achieved our goal of being the first in our group. Now we want one more win against Anderlecht in our last game. This team and our fans deserve one more win at the European level," said coach Nenad Bjelica upon arriving back in Zagreb.
A draw on December 17th will now decide their opponents in the knockout phase next year. Earning the top spot in Group D means Dinamo will not face the other group winners who have already booked their spot in the next round.
For now, Dinamo could potentially face Lisbon's Sporting and Lazio Rome.
- Zagreb Economic Institute forecasts GDP growth of 4.7% in the 2nd quarter
- Slovenia blocks 17 border crossings for trucks over 7.5 tonnes
- INFOBIP represents Croatia at EY awards ceremony
- Brodosplit shipyard begins construction of another polar cruiser
- Vujčić says Croatia will submit letter of intent for joining ERM
- Plenković says Croatia's successful Euro-bond issue is a result of investment rating