A draw was held in Nyon today for the final 16 of the Europa League. Dinamo Zagreb will face Portuguese side Benfica.
After 49 years of waiting, this season Dinamo finally managed to remain in European competition into the spring, while last night’s win over Czech side Viktoria Plzen has pushed Dinamo into the final 16.
By making the final 16 the reigning Croatian champion has earned an additional 1.1 million euros. This year the club has earned a total of nine million euros from the European Football Federation (UEFA).
IN the next round Zagreb’s blues will face Portuguese giant Benfica. The first match is scheduled for March 7th in Zagreb and the return match will be a week later in Lisbon.
Dinamo has played 14 European games this season, chalking up eight wins, four draws and two losses, with a goal difference of 27:10.
Ahead of the draw for the final 16 there were no seeded clubs and they could face clubs from their own country or clubs that were in their group. The only exception was Dinamo Kiev who could not be drawn against Russian clubs Zenit or Krasnodar.
PAIRS IN THE FINAL 16:
DINAMO (CROATIA) - Benfica (Portugal)
Chelsea (England) - Dynamo Kijev (Ukraine)
Eintracht Frankfurt (Germany) - Inter (Italy)
Napoli (Italy) - RB Salzburg (Austria)
Valencia (Spain) - Krasnodar (Russia)
Seville (Spain - Slavia Prag (Czech Republic)
Arsenal (England) - Rennes (France)
Zenit (Russia) - Villarreal (Spain)
- Croatian diplomat recalled to explain racist remarks
- Croatia celebrates Feast of the Assumption
- Croatian police praised for Frontex training to strengthen EU borders
- Italian family poisoned by carbon monoxide?
- Medical Association: Disable false prophets from spreading lies about vaccination
- Prime Minister speaks about investments and demographics on Hvar