Dinamo and Hungarian club champs Ferencvaros played to a 1:1 draw at Zagreb’s Maksimir stadium on Tuesday night in the first leg of the third round of the Champions League qualifiers.
The Croatian league champions, playing in front of 15,000 fans, saw Spanish international Dani Olmo put in the lone goal for Dinamo in the 7th minute of play; while David Siger equalized for Ferencvaros in the 59th minute.
Already in the 3rd minute, Dani Olmo threatened Ferencvaros with a shot from sixteen meters out, but the Hungarian goalkeeper made the save. However, only four minutes later, Olmo’s extraordinary attack resulted in Dinamo's lead.
The Hungarian side was much more determined in the second half and equalized in the 59th minute thanks to their first dangerous attack towards Dinamo's goal. Ferencvaros’ Siger capitalized on a favourable deflection and put the ball past the Dinamo goalkeeper for the equalizer.
The return match is scheduled to be played on Tuesday, August 13th, at the Groupama Arena in Budapest.
- Marija Pejčinović Burić assuming duties as Council of Europe Secretary General
- Government accepts demands by “67 is too much” initiative
- Unions demand parliament debate on pension reforms
- HSS leader Beljak criticizes Croatian judiciary
- Vukovar Mayor Penava comments reactions to his post on social networks
- HBOR and commercial banks agree to new loan deal for farmers