Croatia’s national football team will be back in action in September if all goes as planned under the confirmed schedule for Nations League fixtures released by UEFA on Friday.
Croatia, which is in group A3, will play its opening match against hosts and defending champions Portugal on September 5. The team will face their second test against hosts France on September 8. These will be Croatia's first games after a 10-month break due to the pandemic.
In round three, coach Zlatko Dalić’s team will play Sweden on October 11 and France again three days later at home. As teams move into round five, Croatia play an away game against Sweden on November 14 and finish this part of the competition hosting Portugal on November 17.
The group stage will come to an end on 18 November, after which the successful teams will advance to the knockout stages. The winner will receive 7.5 million euros, while each team in League A will receive 1.5 million euros.
- Croatian government sending equipment and 100,000 euros in aid to Lebanon
- WWII bomber discovered in Biševo Channel
- Ivo Zorica wins 305th Sinj Alka
- Zlatni rat and Nugal among the 25 most beautiful European beaches
- 25th anniversary of Slunj liberation celebrated
- Operation “Storm” formally ended on this day 25 years ago