The Croatian men's handball team beat Tunisia in the handball final on the closing day of the games to take gold for the first time since 2001.
The 24:23 win over a strong Tunisian team gives Croatia their fourth handball gold medal from the Mediterranean Games (1993, 1997, 2001, 2018). Their last win, back in 2001, also came against Tunisia.
With the score tied after the first thirty minutes, Josip Božić Pavletić scored for Croatia in the final seconds to secure the win for the Cowboys.
David Mandić was the game's leading scorer with six points, while Halil Jaganjac and Josip Božić Pavletić added five a piece. Mosbah Sanai scored five for Tunisia.
Croatia has also been runners up on two occasions (2005, 2013).
- Parliament rejects SDP interpellation on government work
- Novaković explains why case has been opened against the president
- MP regrets vote in parliament
- EU Commissioner for Justice on official visit to Croatia
- SDP pushing for vote on amendments to INA's privatization law
- The 2019 Croatian Emigrant Almanac