The Croatian national football team has made a name for itself taking third place at the 1998 World Cup in France and second place at this summer's World Cup in Russia.
The draw for the qualifications for EURO 2020 was held in Dublin today. Croatia will be in Group E together with Azerbaijan, Hungary, Slovakia and Wales. With the worlds' best player Luka Modrić (Real Madrid) leading the star-studded team and the proven coaching talents of Zlatko Dalić, Croatia is seen as the clear favourite to win the group and book an early spot in EURO 2020.
Among the other stars expected to lead Croatia to a berth in EURO 2020 are Ivan Rakitić (Barcelona), Marcelo Brozović and Ivan Perišić (Inter Milan) and Mateo Kovačić (Chelsea) just to name a few.
The 16th UEFA European Championship is scheduled to be held in 12 cities in 12 European countries from June 12th to July 12th of 2020.
- PM says ambassador to Bosnia and Herzegovina should have consulted with Zagreb before visiting Banja Luka
- Speaker of Canadian House of Commons says CETA is a good deal for both Canada and Croatia
- Committee finds no wrongdoing by intelligence agency in firing of President’s advisor
- Deal with Israel to purchase F-16 fighter jets falls through
- Ambassador to Bosnia and Herzegovina recalled
- Cultural life is alive and well in the Neretva region