Despite losing Saturday's doubles match, Croatia is still one win away from repeating their 2005 Davis Cup triumph.
In a tense doubles match Ivan Dodig and Mate Pavić were unable to defeat Nicolas Mahut and Pierre-Hugues Herbert. The defending champions won 6-4, 6-4, 3-6, 7-6, keeping the home team’s hopes alive. This means that the winner of the trophy will be decided in Sunday’s singles matches.
Marin Čilić is set to face Jeremy Chardy first and Borna Ćorić will play Jo-Wilfried Tsonga if needed. That is the tentative line-up, as team captains can change their lineups.
- Unions announce retirement age referendum initiative
- President says investment needs to create better, higher paying jobs
- Croatia marks 25 years of partnership with World Bank
- American Airlines to introduce direct line between Philadelphia and Dubrovnik
- Marić: Uljanik Group’s numbers are staggering
- Netflix series filmed in centre of Zagreb