Despite losing Saturday's doubles match, Croatia is still one win away from repeating their 2005 Davis Cup triumph.
In a tense doubles match Ivan Dodig and Mate Pavić were unable to defeat Nicolas Mahut and Pierre-Hugues Herbert. The defending champions won 6-4, 6-4, 3-6, 7-6, keeping the home team’s hopes alive. This means that the winner of the trophy will be decided in Sunday’s singles matches.
Marin Čilić is set to face Jeremy Chardy first and Borna Ćorić will play Jo-Wilfried Tsonga if needed. That is the tentative line-up, as team captains can change their lineups.
- Zagreb Economic Institute forecasts GDP growth of 4.7% in the 2nd quarter
- Slovenia blocks 17 border crossings for trucks over 7.5 tonnes
- INFOBIP represents Croatia at EY awards ceremony
- Brodosplit shipyard begins construction of another polar cruiser
- Vujčić says Croatia will submit letter of intent for joining ERM
- Plenković says Croatia's successful Euro-bond issue is a result of investment rating