The Croatian national football team opened its Euro 2020 qualification cycle against Azerbaijan in Zagreb's Maksimir Stadium on Thursday night.
Croatia edged Azerbaijan 2:1 in the first game of Group E of the qualifications for Euro 2020. Scoring for Croatia were Borna Barišić in the 44th minute and Andrej Kramarić in 79th minute of play.
Going to the game coach Zlatko Dalić was without nine players from his 2018 World Cup roster in Russia when Croatian finished second. Among the key players out for the game were defender Dejan Lovren and right-back Šime Vrsaljko.
Croatia’s next game is against Hungary in Budapest this Sunday. Opening kick-off is at 6PM CET.
- Extradition to be requested for Zdravko Mamić
- Croatia working closer with the EU Civil Protection Mechanism
- Talks underway with USA and Sweden on acquisition of combat aircraft
- Rijeka wins Croatian Football Cup!
- President says EU lacks a clear strategy in terms of economic growth
- First phase of Zagreb Deep Sea completed