A video conference was held at the headquarters of the Croatian Olympic Committee (HOO) on Tuesday reaffirming that Croatia and China continue to cooperate in sports.
The Croatian Table Tennis Federation and the Chinese Embassy in Croatia are at the forefront of the increased cooperation, announced the HOO.
The cooperation, established in 2018, includes sponsorship and exchanges of the coaching staff, which is very important for Croatian table tennis because it has the world's biggest table tennis power as its partner, the HOO said.
Chinese Ambassador Xu Erwen noted that China was particularly impressed with Croatia's excellent results on the global stage, especially coming from a country of only four million people.
HOO President Zlatko Mateša also mentioned the excellent cooperation between the Zagreb Faculty of Kinesiology and the Beijing University of Sport. He said that Croatia and China also cooperated in many other areas, citing the construction of the Pelješac Bridge.
- President: Croatia will not support unilateral revision of Dayton Agreement
- Number of coronavirus cases in Croatia in decline
- Numbers of new coronavirus cases dropping
- Croatian troops leave Afghanistan
- Prime Minister attends installation of new Mostar-Duvno Bishop
- Coronavirus spike appears to be declining