According to the International Centre for Sports Studies (CIES) based in Switzerland, Croatia is ninth in the world when it comes to exporting football players.
The detailed analysis studied nearly 56,000 football players from 93 countries playing in first and second tier professional leagues around the world in 2019.
Leading the list is Brazil with some 1,535 players plying their trade outside their home country. Second and third place on the CIES list are France and Argentina with 948 and 913 footballers respectively.
Croatia is ranked ninth on the list with 430 professional football players in various leagues around the world. And when it comes to total professional players, both domestically and internationally, Croatia ranks thirteenth with 993 footballers.
Most common nationalities playing internationally:
1. Brazil - 1,535
2. France - 948
3. Argentina - 913
4. England 554
5. Spain 525
6. Serbia 514
7. Germany 473
8. Columbia 457
9. Croatia 430
10. Uruguay 358
Source: HRT/CIES Football Observatory
- Croatian government sending equipment and 100,000 euros in aid to Lebanon
- WWII bomber discovered in Biševo Channel
- Croatia celebrates 25th anniversary of operation Storm
- Ivo Zorica wins 305th Sinj Alka
- Zlatni rat and Nugal among the 25 most beautiful European beaches
- 25th anniversary of Slunj liberation celebrated