Croatia’s top ranked player will play Frenchman Adrian Mannarino for a place in the final, after Mannarino beat Belgian David Goffin in their quarterfinal match.
Croatia’s Borna Ćorić reached the semifinals with a 6:7 (4), 6:3, 7:6 (6) win over Chilean Cristian Garin (ranked 32nd on the ATP list). The 22 year-old Zagreb native, who is currently ranked 14th in the world, was down 2:5 and two break points in the third set, but staged an impressive comeback to take the match two sets to one.
Ćorić leads 2:0 in head-to-head meetings with his opponent in the final, having recorded both wins against Mannarino in 2017, on the hardcourt in Miami and on the grass surface in Antalya, Turkey.
- State election commission announces list of presidential candidates
- Final day for submission of candidacies for presidential elections
- Vukovar gets street name in Bratislava
- Opposition to file no-confidence motion against Minister Divjak
- Croatian students do poorly on PISA tests
- 20th anniversary of the death of Franjo Tudjman marked in Split