Croatia’s top ranked player was beaten in the final by Russian Medvedev in straight sets.
Croatian tennis player Borna Ćorić (ATP 15) was beaten convincingly by the tournament’s first seed and world number four Daniil Medvedev of Russia 6:3, 6:1 in a mere 72 minutes of play. Throughout the match Ćorić failed to secure a single break-ball and lost his service four time, twice in each set. Medvedev capitalized on four of a total of 12 break-balls. In the second set he stormed to a 5:luv lead, at which point the end result was a mere formality.
On his way to the final Ćorić registered wins over Portugal's Joao Sousa (ATP 64), Hungarian Márton Fucsovics (ATP 65) and Norwegian Casper Ruud (ATP 60). Ćorić was looking to claim his third career ATP title after wins in Marrakech in 2017 and Halle in 2018. This was his sixth appearance in an ATP final. For Medvedev, this is his sixth career title and third in 2019, having registered wins in Sofia and Cincinnati.
- Teen killed in Mali Lošinj
- Zoran Milanović becomes Croatia’s fifth president
- PM attends annual Munich Security Conference
- Government announces financial aid for Albania and Venezuela
- Defence Ministry signs 38 procurement contracts with Croatian companies
- Coronavirus has not compromised Pelješac Bridge