Croatia’s Borna Ćorić failed to advance after losing in straight sets to Canadian Felix Augera-Aliassime.
In the match that lasted one hour and 50 minutes, Borna Ćorić lost the first set 7:6. In the second set, the Canadian showed better form, breaking Ćorić’s serve twice. Throughout the match Ćorić served up seven aces to Felix Auger-Aliassime’s eight.
The 18-year-old Canadian is the first qualifier since 2007 to reach the quarterfinals in Miami.
This is the second consecutive year that Ćorić has been stopped short of the semi-finals in Miami. Last year he was stopped by German Alexander Zverev.
- Croatian diplomat recalled to explain racist remarks
- Croatia celebrates Feast of the Assumption
- Croatian police praised for Frontex training to strengthen EU borders
- Italian family poisoned by carbon monoxide?
- Medical Association: Disable false prophets from spreading lies about vaccination
- Prime Minister speaks about investments and demographics on Hvar