Borna Ćorić is through to the third round of play at the US Open after beating Argentina's Juan Ignacio Londero in a marathon five set match, 7:5, 4:6, 6:7, 6:2, 6:3.
After his grueling four and a half hour duel with Londero, Ćorić will play Stefanos Tsitsipas of Greece on Friday for a place in the fourth round.
Marin Čilić is set to play Slovak Norbert Gombos in second round action later today. In the women's draw Donna Vekić will play Patricia Maria Tig of Romania later this evening.
In the men's doubles draw Mate Pavić and his Brazilian partner Bruno Soares have advanced to the second round of play after beating the fifth seeded team of Marcel Granollers of Spain and Horacio Zeballos of Argentina, 3:6, 6:4, 6:4 today. Also through is Nikola Mektić and his Dutch partner Wesley Koolhof, who ousted Nikola Čačić of Serbia and India's Divij Sharan, 6:4, 3:6, 6:3.
Franko Škugor and Austria's Austin Krajicek were less fortunate losing to the third seeded team of American Rajeev Ram and Britain’s Joe Salisbury, 6:2, 6:7, 6:3.
- Prime Minister: New measures will last until before Christmas
- 3,987 new coronavirus cases in Croatia
- Prime Minister announces new measures to fight coronavirus
- Kohorst: The United States would like Croatia to opt for its F-16 aircraft
- Civil initiative stages protests against new coronavirus measures
- Citizens who do not obey restrictive measures could face fines