Borna Ćorić has booked a spot in his third ATP semi-final of the year after beating Carsper Ruud.
The 22-year-old Croatian defeated the eight seed Norwegian for a final score of 3-6, 7-5, 6-3 on Friday. The fourth seeded Ćorić will next play Joao Sousa of Portugal, who bested sixth seed Mihail Kukushkin 7-6(8), 6-2.
Ćorić has reached the semis twice before this year in Dubai, where he lost to Swiss Roger Federer, and in Hertogenbosch, where he was defeated by Adrian Mannarino of France.
- Visas for Croatian citizens travelling to the USA could be discontinued in 2020
- Heated debate on Cyrillic script in Vukovar City Council
- Sinković brothers nominated for best men’s rowing team of 2019
- 28th anniversary of death of Blago Zadro marked in Vukovar
- Croatian and Egyptian ministers condemn Turkish attacks on Syria
- Teachers' strike continues for a fourth day