Croatia’s top ranked tennis player made an early second round exit from the ATP tournament underway in Monte Carlo.
Following a first round bye, Marin Čilić was off his game on Tuesday, losing to Guido Pella of Argentina 6:3, 3:6, 6:1. This is Čilić’s second consecutive loss to Pella in their last two meetings.
In the doubles draw the Croatian duo of Nikola Mektić and Franko Škugor advanced to the second round of play with a 6:3, 7:5 win over the Dutch/Greek team of Matwe Middelkoop and Stefanos Tsitsipas.
- Croatian diplomat recalled to explain racist remarks
- Croatia celebrates Feast of the Assumption
- Croatian police praised for Frontex training to strengthen EU borders
- Italian family poisoned by carbon monoxide?
- Medical Association: Disable false prophets from spreading lies about vaccination
- Prime Minister speaks about investments and demographics on Hvar