Croatia’s top ranked tennis player made an early second round exit from the ATP tournament underway in Monte Carlo.
Following a first round bye, Marin Čilić was off his game on Tuesday, losing to Guido Pella of Argentina 6:3, 3:6, 6:1. This is Čilić’s second consecutive loss to Pella in their last two meetings.
In the doubles draw the Croatian duo of Nikola Mektić and Franko Škugor advanced to the second round of play with a 6:3, 7:5 win over the Dutch/Greek team of Matwe Middelkoop and Stefanos Tsitsipas.
- Extradition to be requested for Zdravko Mamić
- Croatia working closer with the EU Civil Protection Mechanism
- Talks underway with USA and Sweden on acquisition of combat aircraft
- Rijeka wins Croatian Football Cup!
- President says EU lacks a clear strategy in terms of economic growth
- First phase of Zagreb Deep Sea completed