Đorđe Đoković and Goran Ivanišević speak to reporters about the cancelation of the tournament (Photo: Marko Dimic/PIXSELL) Đorđe Đoković and Goran Ivanišević speak to reporters about the cancelation of the tournament (Photo: Marko Dimic/PIXSELL)

Dimitrov had just received the results of the test taken in Monaco. He reached out to fans on social media.

“Hi Everyone – I just want to reach out and let my fans and friends know that I tested positive for Covid-19. I want to make sure anyone who has been in contact with me during these past days gets tested and takes the necessary precautions. I am so sorry for any harm I may have caused. I am back home now and recovering. Thanks for your support and stay safe and healthy,” Dimitorv wrote in an Instagram post.

Sunday evening’s final between Novak Đoković and Andrej Rublev was called off immediately. Organizers said they would be testing everyone involved in the tournament.

“We received the information that Grigor had been tested in Monaco and that he tested positive for the coronavirus. We abided by all of the measures recommended by the Serbian and Croatian governments, did everything we could, but unfortunately, Grigor is positive. I have been in contact with all of our volunteers and participants and no one has reported any symptoms,” said Đorđe Đoković, one of the organizers of the event.

Zadar was the second stop on the Adria Tour, initiated by world no. 1 Novak Đoković. The development has put an end to the tour.

“This is the best decision we could make. We must keep everyone involved safe. Those who have been in contact with Grigor will be tested,” said Croatian tennis legend Goran Ivanišević, the tournament director.