The State Election Commission held a session today at which a list of candidates running for president was announced.
Although the State Election Commission had 48 hours to process candidacies after candidates handed them in along with a minimum of 10 000 gathered signatures of support, they decided to announce the candidate list today. The president of the State Election Commission Đuro Sessa read the list of candidates in the order that they will appear on the ballot at the session.
“I propose that we adopt the following list of candidates for President of the Republic of Croatia: Mr. Nedeljko Babić, Mr. Anto Đapić, Mrs. Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, Mr. Dario Juričan, Mr. Mislav Kolakušić, Mr. Dejan Kovač, Mr. Zoran Milanović, Mrs. Dalija Orešković, Mrs. Katarina Peović, Mr. Ivan Pernar and Mr. Miroslav Škoro,” said Sessa.
Croatian voters will go to the polls to elect a president on December 22nd and there will be eleven candidates, while the official election campaign will last sixteen days. Candidates must adhere to expense regulations and are subject to financial control, they can spend up to eight million kuna on their campaigns.
- Government cabinet proposes law on National Bank in preparation for Euro
- Marin Čilić advances to final 16 of Australian Open
- US official warns Croatia to be wary of whom it sources equipment from for 5G network
- Meeting of EU justice ministers held in Zagreb
- Minister of health has no intention of resigning over asset card affair
- Grabar Kitarović emphasizes the importance of The Three Seas Initiative