The Speaker of the Canadian House of Commons is on a return visit to Croatia following the Croatian Parliament Speaker’s visit to Canada in 2017.
Croatian Parliament Speaker Gordan Jandroković received the presiding officer of the lower house of the Parliament of Canada, Geoff Regan, in Zagreb today. Along with cooperation in the NATO alliance, the two speakers also discussed strengthening economic cooperation and the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between Canada and the EU.
"The Canada - European Union Free Trade Agreement we think is a very important one that does offer opportunities for both countries. We are very grateful for the support of Croatia, in ratifying and supporting the trade agreement between Europe and Canada, which we think does create opportunities for investment and trade," Regan said after their meeting.
Both speakers also agreed that the two countries enjoy friendly bilateral relations that they have been developing for more than 25 years. Jandroković noted that Canada was home to some 300,000 ethnic Croats.
- Government rejects SDP interpellation on F-16s
- People Decide initiative seeking referendum on more just election system
- Tajani offers apology over controversial remarks
- Parliament rejects SDP interpellation on government work
- SDP pushing for vote on amendments to INA's privatization law
- The 2019 Croatian Emigrant Almanac