Prime Minister Andrej Plenković has tested negative for Covid-19 after mingling with tennis players at the Adria Tour in Zadar over the weekend.
The Prime Minister spoke briefly on Saturday with the initiator of the Adria Tour Novk Đoković and tournament director Goran Ivanišević. He also greeted Marin Čilić. He did not shake hands with any of them.
“After a brief visit to the Adria tour in Zadar on Saturday, although he had not been in contact with the infected players or in close contact with the other players, Prime Minister Andrej Plenkvić, given the important office that he holds, was tested for the coronavirus today. The test was negative,” said Government Spokesperson Marko Milić.
The Adria Tour ended abruptly on Sunday evening before the final after Grigor Dimitrov announced that he was positive for the coronavirus. Three more people have tested positive since Sunday, including Croatia’s Borna Ćorić. Marin Čilić has tested negative.
- Voters hand HDZ a major victory and a massive blow to SDP
- Croatia reports record number of new Covid-19 infections
- SDP's Bernardić steps down after election disaster
- Fifty-seven new COVID-19 infections
- Beroš: Croatia still among EU leaders in containing COVID-19
- Plenković says he has 76 signatures required to form a new government