The Croatian President is scheduled to arrive in Canada on Sunday evening for the first ever state visit by a Croatian President since Croatia gained independence.
Over the next five days President Kolinda Grabar Kitarović will meet with her host Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, representatives from Canadian Parliament and leaders from the Canadian business community.
Given the large Croatian community in Canada, which numbers in excess of 200 000, the president is also scheduled to meet with representatives of the Croat communities in Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton and Calgary.
- Catholic believers celebrate Corpus Christi, a national holiday
- PM comments on adopting the euro at EU summit meeting
- Prime minister and president tipped as candidates for top EU positions
- Miroslav Škoro announces presidential run
- European Commission releases study assessing differences in EU food products
- Croatians celebrate Statehood Day