The Croatian President is scheduled to arrive in Canada on Sunday evening for the first ever state visit by a Croatian President since Croatia gained independence.
Over the next five days President Kolinda Grabar Kitarović will meet with her host Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, representatives from Canadian Parliament and leaders from the Canadian business community.
Given the large Croatian community in Canada, which numbers in excess of 200 000, the president is also scheduled to meet with representatives of the Croat communities in Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton and Calgary.
- Marija Pejčinović Burić assuming duties as Council of Europe Secretary General
- Central square in Ogulin named after General Petar Stipetić
- Government accepts demands by “67 is too much” initiative
- Unions demand parliament debate on pension reforms
- HBOR and commercial banks agree to new loan deal for farmers
- Production begins at 3rd of May shipyard in Rijeka