Vili Beroš is the new Minister of Health in Prime Minister Andrej Plenković's government. Parliament confirmed his appointment today with 81 votes in favor and 43 against, with one vote sustained.
The new minister took an oath before parliament.
Vili Beroš was chosen after the prime minister dismissed his predecessor Milan Kujundžić after journalists discovered irregularities in his asset card.
Already on his first day in office Minister Beroš announced there would be a meeting of the crisis headquarters due to the corona virus epidemic.
He added that in the little time left to the end of his mandate he will focus on payment of overtime hours for medical staff as well as the departure of doctors and nurses from the country.
- New earthquakes shake Banovina
- Interior Ministry refutes new accusations of violence against migrants
- 735 new coronavirus infections; vaccine deliveries arriving
- Sinković brothers, Jurković sisters and Damir Martin through to rowing finals
- EMA confirms AstraZeneca link with blood clots
- Croatia preparing for coronavirus passports