Consultations were held at the government offices today on the reconstruction of the government cabinet.
Attending the meeting with the Prime Minister was parliament Speaker and Croatian Democratic Union Head Secretary Gordan Jandroković.
He said that he expects an emergency session of parliament by the end of the week and responded to reporters, who asked him if he was surprised by the resignation of State Property Minister Goran Marić.
“I hope that we could have an emergency session by the end of this week. It is difficult for me to talk about surprises now. He didn't have an easy situation so it was evidently a decision that he adopted on his own. If he resigned, then he probably judged that the time is right for him to resign and talked about it with the Prime Minister,” said Jandroković.
- State election commission announces list of presidential candidates
- Final day for submission of candidacies for presidential elections
- Vukovar gets street name in Bratislava
- Opposition to file no-confidence motion against Minister Divjak
- Croatian students do poorly on PISA tests
- 20th anniversary of the death of Franjo Tudjman marked in Split