Marijan Kustić is the new president of the Croatian Democratic Union's Lika-Senj County branch.
Kustić was the only candidate running after County Prefect Darko Milinović was ejected from the HDZ last week for breaching party rules.
The newly-elected president received 32.8% of support from party members. One of his first acts as the leader of the branch will be to revise the list of members since it hasn't been updated for some time.
His victory was congratulated by party president and prime minister Andrej Plenković, as well as numerous prominent party members.
Kustić had this to say following the election win: "We are offering our hand to everyone and we want a unified Croatian Democratic Union which we will definitely work on. That is the only true path for the Croatian Democratic Union, at the next local elections, to regain all those cities and municipalities we lost at the last local elections."
- Parliament rejects SDP interpellation on government work
- Novaković explains why case has been opened against the president
- MP regrets vote in parliament
- EU Commissioner for Justice on official visit to Croatia
- SDP pushing for vote on amendments to INA's privatization law
- The 2019 Croatian Emigrant Almanac