Marijan Kustić is the new president of the Croatian Democratic Union's Lika-Senj County branch.
Kustić was the only candidate running after County Prefect Darko Milinović was ejected from the HDZ last week for breaching party rules.
The newly-elected president received 32.8% of support from party members. One of his first acts as the leader of the branch will be to revise the list of members since it hasn't been updated for some time.
His victory was congratulated by party president and prime minister Andrej Plenković, as well as numerous prominent party members.
Kustić had this to say following the election win: "We are offering our hand to everyone and we want a unified Croatian Democratic Union which we will definitely work on. That is the only true path for the Croatian Democratic Union, at the next local elections, to regain all those cities and municipalities we lost at the last local elections."
- Kliker: Experts at the click of a button
- Hrast MP criticizes Serb minority MP for failing to distance himself from harmful rhetoric from Serbian leaders
- Officials fail to convince veterans to call off their protest
- Plenković: Croatia can police its own border without Frontex
- Foreign Ministry dismisses allegations by Most MP
- G2 meeting in Zagreb