At Thursday's cabinet session government adopted a decision on initiating procedures to issue state guarantees for the construction new ships in three of the country's shipyards.
Speaking at today's cabinet session Economy Minister Darko Horvat said that the guarantees are designed to support the shipbuilding sector and Croatia’s shipyards: “This deals with the issuing of state guarantees for securing advance payments two cruise ships for polar cruises in the amount of 24.96 million Euros per ship. The Economy Ministry also received a request for the issuing of guarantees for the Uljanik shipyard for restarting production in the amount of 32.5 million Kuna. The ministry also received a request for a state guarantee for MKM Yachts from Rijeka in the total amount of slightly more than 100 million Euros.”
The minister concluded that government is willing to support Croatian shipyards, but only on healthy foundations and with a minimal risk that the guarantees be activated to the detriment of tax-payers.
- Voters hand HDZ a major victory and a massive blow to SDP
- Croatia reports record number of new Covid-19 infections
- SDP's Bernardić steps down after election disaster
- Fifty-seven new COVID-19 infections
- Beroš: Croatia still among EU leaders in containing COVID-19
- Plenković says he has 76 signatures required to form a new government