At today's government cabinet session ministers heard a report on execution of the state budget for last year.
A surplus in the state coffers and control of revenues and expenditures are characteristics of the responsible government economic policy that was confirmed by the report on execution for the state budget for last year.
“At the moment we have, three waves during the mandate of our government alone, three waves of budgetary unburdening totaling around 6.5 billion kuna, plus another 2 billion kuna in administrative unburdening, that's 8.5 billion kuna, plus paid state guarantees by previous governments for shipyards, and despite this we have a budget surplus. This means that we are rational and we are those that plan their revenues and expenditures well,” said Prime Minister Andrej Plenković.
The report on execution of the state budget was presented by Finance Minister Zdravko Marić.
“For a third year in a row we didn't exceed limits that we had originally set, while we are pouring all surplus revenues into improving results, lowering the public debt and we'll naturally remind Croatian citizens once again that as of January 1st, we continued with a third round of budgetary changes and unburdening,” said Finance Minister Marić.
- Marija Pejčinović Burić assuming duties as Council of Europe Secretary General
- Central square in Ogulin named after General Petar Stipetić
- Government accepts demands by “67 is too much” initiative
- Unions demand parliament debate on pension reforms
- HBOR and commercial banks agree to new loan deal for farmers
- Production begins at 3rd of May shipyard in Rijeka