The Committee for Prevention of Conflict of Interest has decided by a majority vote to initiate a procedure against Prime Minister Andrej Plenković.
The committee believes that he violated principles of work because he failed to state that he was connected with Igor Pokaz as a best man, who he proposed as the Croatian Ambassador in London.
At the same time the committee will not initiate a procedure against Plenković for the employment of his brother in law as the director of commercial affairs at the Dubrovnik airport.
“The committee has adopted a decision, by majority vote, saying that the official has violated article 5, paragraphs 1 and 4, of the Law on Prevention of Conflict of Interest, meaning the principle of conscientious and transparent actions. This because of a failure to declare his best man connection with Igor Pokaz, to bodies that took part in choosing him and towards the public when the information became public,” said Committee president Nataša Novaković.
“I will see what the committee has to say and next time I will consider proposing his Excellency Bulj for the Ambassador in the United Kingdom, because I believe that with his expert competencies he will resolve the problem of Brexit that no one has resolved yet,” said Prime Minister Andrej Plenković sarcastically calling out Miroslav Bulj from the MOST party.
- Government adopts decision to hold presidential elections on December 22nd
- Adriatic coast lashed with 145 km/h winds
- Foreign Minister on an official visit to the Vatican
- Finance Minister says Croatia's key challenge is reducing its dependency on imports
- EPP meeting not to be held in Croatian parliament
- Minister allays fears over price inflation when Croatia adopts Euro