The State Election Commission published today a complete list of 33 valid candidate slates with 396 candidates for the upcoming election of 12 Croatian representatives in European Parliament, that citizens will elect on May 26th.
With the publishing of the slates the official election campaign has begun and will last 45 days.
“The election campaign begins with all of its regulations. As far as financing is concerned, control of election campaign accounts begins, along with expenses, media expenses and everything else that falls under the law on financing campaigns,” said State Election Commission Vice President Ana Lovrin.
“The usual message from the State Election Commission is that we ask for fair and correct election campaigns, as little complaints as possible and as much correctness as possible in the media. We also ask the media to cover the campaign in order to achieve a better turnout, so that we are not at the bottom of the turnout list for EU countries, below 25%. We hope that we will exceed 30% and at least enter the circle of countries in the middle, with turnouts above 30%,” said State Election Commission member Slaven Hojski.
- Croatian diplomat recalled to explain racist remarks
- Croatia celebrates Feast of the Assumption
- Croatian police praised for Frontex training to strengthen EU borders
- Italian family poisoned by carbon monoxide?
- Medical Association: Disable false prophets from spreading lies about vaccination
- Prime Minister speaks about investments and demographics on Hvar