The largest cluster of coronavirus cases outside of China is on the Diamond Princess, a cruise ship docked in the Japanese port of Yokohama with six Croatians among several thousand passengers and crew on board.
The Croatians are not among the 44 new cases of coronavirus reported on board the cruiser on Thursday, Croatia's senior diplomat in Japan, Dražen Hrastić confirmed.
The number of people infected with the coronavirus spiked in China by 14 thousand cases overnight after Chinese health officials switched to a different method of diagnosing the flu-like illness. The World Health Organization, however, said the virus wasn't spreading dramatically beyond mainland China.
EU health ministers agreed to increase preparations and coordination to prevent the coronavirus from spreading across Europe at an emergency meeting in Brussels on Thursday. The EU is preparing and proceeding with caution, but Europe was not absolutely safe, said Health Minister Vili Beroš, who chaired the meeting.
“We need to follow the epidemiological situation closely every-day, around the clock and adjust to changing circumstances. If the situation continues to escalate, then these measures will not be enough, however, then we will have to talk about future measures,” Beroš said.
- Minister demands investigation into party at Dubrava Covid hospital
- Croatia registers surprise loss to Argentina at handball World Championships
- 599 new coronavirus cases in Croatia in last 24 hours
- European Parliament adopts resolution on assistance for Croatia following earthquake
- 11 year old with coronavirus passes away
- Temporary housing still priority in earthquake hit Banovina