Continuing her visit to Canada, Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović visited Calgary where she met with the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta Lois Mitchell, said the president’s office in a statement on Thursday.
The two exchanged opinions on gender equality and promotion of women’s rights, said the statement.
President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović said that Croatia applauds the efforts of the Canadian leadership in promoting gender equality and strengthening women as well as dedication to the Agenda on Women, Peace and Security.
She added that she is proud to have assumed the chairmanship of the Council of Women World Leaders, a network of 75 current and former heads of state or government, the only organization of its kind in the world, noted the statement.
“In that sense, and considering my new role as the Chairperson of the Council of Women World Leaders, I hope that together we can work on gender equality and promoting women’s rights throughout the world,” noted the Croatian President.
- Catholic believers celebrate Corpus Christi, a national holiday
- PM comments on adopting the euro at EU summit meeting
- Prime minister and president tipped as candidates for top EU positions
- Miroslav Škoro announces presidential run
- European Commission releases study assessing differences in EU food products
- Croatians celebrate Statehood Day