President Kolinda Grabar Kitarović is on an official two day visit to Brussels. The president met with the President of the European Council Donald Tusk.
President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović said that she discussed Croatian priorities within the framework of the European Union with Donald Tusk. “We did touch upon preparations for chairmanship in the first half of 2020. This will be quite a demanding period full of challenges, for the European Union, but also for Croatia,” said the Croatian president.
She noted that she expressed concern regarding new migration trends. “It is necessary to find a mutual and firm solution that will deal with the causes of migration and not stimulate migration. If increased migration waves were to happen, it would not be fair to depend on EU outer border countries, but we should rather all prepare for such trends.
We applaud the solution regarding the name of Macedonia. We hope that it will be implemented as soon as possible and that negotiations with Albania will also start soon. I expressed hope and encouragement for the European Council to get more engaged where Bosnia and Herzegovina is concerned.
I expressed confidence that a solution on open issues with all neighbors should be found, including Serbia. As far as open issues with Slovenia are concerned I said that this is a bilateral issues, said President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović
President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović will be giving a lecture at the European Policy Centre titled: Five Years of Croatian membership in the European Union, what has been done till now and a look forward.
- Q&A period in Parliament, opposition grills government over INA and F-16's
- Reactions to yesterday's events in parliament
- Pejčinović Burić rejects MOST's claims that she is working in Serbia's interests
- Court rejects civil initiative motions regarding referendums on election law and Istanbul Convention
- Justice Minister in Bosnia and Herzegovina rejects request for Mamić’s extradition
- The Winter School of Croatian Folklore in Koprivnica