The EU - Arab World Summit, an international forum for economic and political dialogue between the European Union and countries in the Arab world.
Prime Minister Andrej Plenković was in Greece today for a working visit. Along with meeting with his Greek counterpart Kyriakos Mitsotakis and Greek President Prokopis Pavlopoulos, he also participated in the 4th EU - Arab World Summit.
"This is an opportunity for Croatia, as the next holder of the presidency of the Council of the European Union, to open up dialogue with the representatives of these countries and Greece, which has always had special ties with this part of the world," the prime minister said.
Participants of the summit agreed that Europe and the Arab world require better coordination when it comes to dealing with migration. According to data from the United Nations some 78 thousand migrants and refugees arrived at Europe's shores this year alone, half of them in Greece.
"What is important for us is that the EU's external border is protected at the Greece Turkey border, which is why it is important for the EU to help Greece protect the border with all of its mechanisms," Plenković concluded.
- PM on working visit to Germany
- Croatia marks anniversary of international recognition
- Interior minister refutes report by Human Rights Watch
- Green Week Berlin expected to boost Croatian exports
- Croatia first to introduce early screening for lung cancer
- PM on vigilante slayings in Split: We will not allow Croatia to pass into anarchy