Due to tensions following the killing of Iranian General Soleimani, members of the Croatian armed forces have been transferred from Baghdad to Kuwait.
The armed forces personnel were transferred temporarily on the basis of a NATO decision on the suspension of the mission in Iraq adopted over the weekend.
“14 members of the Croatian Armed Forces have been transferred to Kuwait and 7 members of the 2nd Croatian contingent whose mission has been completed will return to Croatia. We are following the security situation with our allies and appropriate decisions will be made in agreement with them," said a statement from the Ministry of Defence.
- Government cabinet proposes law on National Bank in preparation for Euro
- Marin Čilić advances to final 16 of Australian Open
- US official warns Croatia to be wary of whom it sources equipment from for 5G network
- Meeting of EU justice ministers held in Zagreb
- Minister of health has no intention of resigning over asset card affair
- Grabar Kitarović emphasizes the importance of The Three Seas Initiative