Croatian Interior Minister Davor Božinović met yesterday with the Israeli Minister of Public Security Gilad Erdan and is taking part today in an International Forum on Homeland Security.
The forum will address topics such as trends in global and domestic terrorism, methods for the fight against terrorism and prevention of terrorism. Among other, Israeli President Reuven Rivlin will be speaking.
“The fact that Israel is the country from where this initiative came, in a way it is logical for it to be held here, considering the specific situation and position of Israel in the Middle East. The Middle East is also important to us because of challenges Europe faces, from this part of the world, migrant waves are arriving in Europe, the ones in 2015 and 2016, as well as these growing numbers and pressures on the borders of the European Union which have been lasting several months, more precisely from the beginning of this year,” said Davor Božinović.
Božinović is also expected to meet on the margins with US Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen, which will be a continuation of dialogue that began with Božinović’s visit to the US Department of Homeland Security in Washington in January.
- Q&A period in Parliament, opposition grills government over INA and F-16's
- Reactions to yesterday's events in parliament
- Pejčinović Burić rejects MOST's claims that she is working in Serbia's interests
- Court rejects civil initiative motions regarding referendums on election law and Istanbul Convention
- Justice Minister in Bosnia and Herzegovina rejects request for Mamić’s extradition
- The Winter School of Croatian Folklore in Koprivnica