Zvonimir Kalić, the owner of a family farm business in Vrpolje near Đakovo has been chosen as the best young Croatian farmer for last year.
The award was given to him be Member of European Parliament Marijana Petir, who has been organizing the event for the past four years. Zvonimir Kalić makes products from hemp. He claims that with domestic production wonders can be achieved in Europe.
“It all started spontaneously. It was actually a sad story in the beginning and later developed into a happy one. It was a sort of stimulant for us to not leave the country but rather live here and be slaves to our own land, to create a product and improve our region of Slavonia. We still need certain quantities of land, we would like to cooperate with anyone who has a plot and work together to place our products on the market,” says Kalić.
- Vujčić says Croatia will submit letter of intent for joining ERM
- MOST party wants water to be in constitution as basic human right
- Vekić through to finals in Nottingham
- HDZ expects President Grabar Kitarović to run for a second mandate
- Plenković says Croatia's successful Euro-bond issue is a result of investment rating
- Croatia to boost food exports to China