The Independent Trade Unions of Croatia, together with the Croatian Metal Workers Union and the European Federation of Unions, have requested that the government and Prime Minister Andrej Plenković urgently adopt a decision on the fate of the Uljanik group and thus end the agony of workers who haven't received salaries for four months.
They suspect that courts will not adopt a decision on bankruptcy until it hasn't been suggested to them by someone in the government.
“We will never agree with the idea that the money of taxpayers can be spent uselessly. But at this moment now, if you don't resolve the problem of these two shipyards, you will be those that drive the final nail into the coffin of Croatian industry. All the Chinese visiting you these days are in vain if you destroy Croatian industry,” said The President of the Independent Trade Unions of Croatia Mladen Novosel.
- Vujčić says Croatia will submit letter of intent for joining ERM
- MOST party wants water to be in constitution as basic human right
- Vekić through to finals in Nottingham
- HDZ expects President Grabar Kitarović to run for a second mandate
- Plenković says Croatia's successful Euro-bond issue is a result of investment rating
- Croatia to boost food exports to China